In this episode of the Theopologetics Podcast I interview Dr. Glenn Peoples in part 2 of our discussion concerning Christian physicalism, challenging him with a number of biblical passages which seem to contradict his position. This second interview spanned 2 hours, so I’ve split it up into two parts, this being the first. See episode 16 for the second part.
- Sam & Dave, Soul Man, from the This is Sam & Dave album, 2009 (orig. 1967)
- Survivor, Eye of the Tiger, from the Survivor: Greatest Hits album, 1993 (orig. 1982)
- Unbelievable?, with Justin Brierley.
- Say Hello to my Little Friend, aka the Beretta Cast, with Glenn Peoples.
- Date Power!, my competitive powerlifting blog
- Physicalism resources
- Christian physicalists
- Books: the Book Depository offers free postage worldwide, and buy purchasing books via these links you will help Glenn Peoples out at no extra cost via his affiliate account with the Book Depository
- Whatever Happened to the Soul? Scientific and Theological Portraits of Human Nature
- What About the Soul?: Neuroscience and Christian Anthropology
- In Search Of The Soul: Perspectives Of The Mind-body Problem
- Did My Neurons Make Me Do It?: Philosophical and Neurobiological Perspectives on Moral Responsibility and Free Will
- Body, Soul, and Human Life: The Nature of Humanity in the Bible
- “The Resurrection of the Body and the Life Everlasting,” in Reason for the Hope Within
- Occasionalism: a philosophical theory about causation which says that created substances cannot be efficient causes of events. Instead, all events are taken to be caused directly by God himself.
- Resurrection the only way to survive death
- “With all your soul”
- “Soul and spirit”
- Mediums and “familiar spirits”
- Appearances of the dead
- “Body and spirit”
- “Receive my spirit”
- “My soul is troubled”
- “Restores my soul”
- “God of the living”
- “Has eternal life”
- “Souls” in Revelation